THE NEW 8TH ANNUAL SHERPA HANG! Due to family circumstances I procrastinated too long and missed out on our regular LWRSF, Arbuckle Tract, Creekside Camp. Not sure but with the rain we've had lately that may be a blessing. Remember a few years back when the water was flowing thru the camp? We've always said we could do a Florida Hang at Gator Hole. Don't want to see that many people but the trees are there. Here is our chance. As in most of our recent hangs "plan" on feeding yourself every meal. Friday night will be my usual lightly seared steak. Unless I can get my nephews to offer up some venison shusi for me. That's not to say there won't be food! Some may offer up vittles for the crew. I personally will do cheesy bacon grits Saturday morning. Sunday mornings have gotten to be a quick packing up, some coffee, and head for home and a hot shower. I will probably do another Collard Green Soup for Sat. dinner. Someone must like it because it disappears. Others may want to get together and do a Mountain Man for breakfast or pool resources for a dinner dish. That's up to y'all. With the way the State Forest have gone to Reserve America and the associated BS this could be the future of the Sherpa hang. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and new faces. It's been a disappointing year for hangs with the major holidays falling as they did this year. Especially after hitting the woods every other weekend last season.