I tried hammocking last year, 2x, but was cold. and i had a TQ and an UQ. i think i run really cold. When i BP with a tent, i use a sleep bag, the TQ inside that, and 2 layers of clothes, maybe i need to duplicate that in a hammock?
I would really like to get back into hammocking while backpacking. What i found i didn't like about hammocks, vs a tent, was the lack of a "room" outdoors, like i have when in a tent. a place to keep all my stuff, clean and dry, away from critters and bugs, and a discreet place to change out of my hiking clothes, into my night time clothes. Can you guys post some pictures of your set up at camp? What do you ladies do? Where do you put all your stuff? do you have room in your hammock to hold a water bottle, your glasses, your inhaler, kleenex, lights, ?

also, i strung up a tarp, which takes a lot of time to string up the tarp and the hammock. if i only camp when there is no rain, why do i need a tarp above?

what have you done, when you get to a campsite, and there are no suitable trees to hang from? what if you don't know if there will great trees to hang from, on the new hike?

It seems, from what i read, that men hammock differently than women, they seem to need less stuff than we do....

any help or suggestions would be great!