SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4

Loving this Hammock Sleeve

Just got my hammock sleeve in the mail today, but can already see that I’m going to love this new addition to my cold weather gear line up!

Set up my hammock to put it on and try it out...

...my all time favorite hammock (an SLD Trail Lair made from my all time favorite hammock fabric, Dutch’s Hexon 1.6) wearing my all time favorite under quilt (WB 20 degree Wooki).

...added my all time favorite UQP (from 2QZQ).

...threaded my new SLD hammock sleeve on over the end of my hammock. In actual use I’ll push the sleeve back more, so it’ll be fully out of the way while the hammock is in use.

...the hammock sleeve easily slid over my hammock, UQ, and UQP with plenty of room to spare. (Room enough to handle my TQ as well.)

...in this photo I rotated the bottom of the sleeve up slightly to show the thin strip of netting that runs the length of the silpoly sleeve, which allows air to be easily expelled from the sleeve when compressing it when packing up. (You can see the camo print of my UQP showing through the netted strip.)

...next I attached my new hammock double ended stuff sack (a bit larger than my hammock’s original stuff sack) onto the end of my hammock, over the hammock skin.

(This is the same double ended hammock sack that was pictured above threaded on the end of the set up hammock. It’s weird the way the fabric looks so much darker here in the shade than it did in the earlier photos.)

My hammock (with UQ and UQP still attached) was super QUICK and easy to stuff into the sack and afterwards was quick as lightening to set back up again. This is the large double ended Quick Sack from SLD (listed on the site as 7”x13”, though, by my measurements it seems closer to 7”x 15”). At any rate, it works well to hold my hammock, UQ, UQP, wrapped neatly in my hammock sleeve.

I’ve noticed on winter trips, I usually end up packing my hammock sackless so I can leave my TQ in it and my UQ and UQP attached to it...just wad it all up into my trash compactor bag backpack liner. The problem with that, though, is even though it saves tear down and set up time, it is a struggle to keep my hammock off the ground as I pull it from my backpack to rehang it and it is a bit of a trick to keep all the layers lined up nicely. Just one set up, tear down, set back up has shown me this hammock sleeve is a game changer for me! Not only are subsequent set ups during a trip going to be smoother and quicker, but, also, now I can keep my set up sleeved up for added protection when it’s going to be set up long before bedtime. Of course I’ll need to peel the sleeve back enough ahead of bedtime to allow all my down to puff back up!
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 11-16-2019 at 08:39.

• + New Posts