Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
That looks very well done. I still have yet to do anything with a zipper. Zippers scare me.
I was a bit worried about zippers myself until I did a couple. I found then that what I should be worried about is not the zipper per se, but the tolerances required for cutting the things to be zipped. As it happened I was using a zipper to attach a bugnet to a hammock body, and there is lots of "give" in the amount of bugnet suspended above the body, so the zipper was a snap, in so far as the whole zippered thing was likely to work even if the fabric cuts were some off. Elsewhere in that project I used velcro when I had doubts about the correctness of the cuts, and it seemed like higher tolerances were needed. Saved the project, that did. Discovered I was off by a couple of inches...not a problem...just bunch up the velcro (one sided Free Magic) on itself, and slack disappears!

BTW NCPatrick, nice looking cover bag. Making one of these is in my future as well. I've got the fabric. Now I need the time....

Grizz