Hello to all!
I live in southwest Ohio and find it enjoyable to spend a night or two outdoors camping with my son (age 10).
I was about to give up on camping because of my age (getting close the 60th b-day and having too many aches & pains after a night on the ground) but decided to try a hammock since my son loves to camp and I didn't want to take the fun away from him.

I bought a couple cheap hammocks off eBay so we could try them, and all went fairly well. I got my son a "jungle hammock" and it's heavy, but worked well for him, and he loves it!

I got a simple parachute cloth hammock for myself, and soon found out it was comfortable, but the cold & bugs were a problem.

I up-graded to an ENO Pro-nest and added a Guardian bug net for our most recent overnight trip, and it was better, but I think an underquilt in going to be my next addition.

I just use a tarp I had for a rainfly, and it seems to be adequate (we watch the weather forecast carefully and try to avoid heavy rain).

I'll be searching posts and reading carefully as I progress in this method of camping, but so far I'm finding hammocks to be a great way to enjoy a night outdoors!!!!!!!