Hey! I'm a loooong time lurker. Just joined the club yesterday with a Skeeter Beeter Pro after gleaning tons of good info from this forum.

I was born and raised in Idaho, moving away for college for a few years, and back again in 2004. I'm married to a beautiful woman and we have 2 wonderful boys, ages 5 and 3. We also have an adopted Golden Retriever named by the oldest boy, "Rex".

My reasons for getting into hammocking are fairly simple; at 6'7" and 215lbs, I'm bony AND heavy. This combo makes for rough nights as a ground dweller. I'll be glad to leave that in my dust.

I purchased the SBP along with a Gear Guide 12'x12' tarp to introduce myself to this new world on the cheap. I did a test hang last night in my parents yard since mine is devoid of trees. It's safe to say I'll be replacing the stock suspension system immediately as it doesn't offer much flexibility.

I'm interested in any advice from you veterans, particularly those who have used the SBP at some point. Thanks for reading and happy hanging!