So after a couple nights of working on stuff I thought I had a workable rig for the upcoming trip (leave wed for quetico, 4 nights, some rain and low 50F's predicted)

Equip tested:
- Eno doublenest (first hammock give me a break
- Eno bugnet (last minute buy with a coupon so I could take this trip)
- Crazy Creek blue tarp (garage sale buy from my father-in-law, i am pretty sure it came from the house of a HF member).
- Whoopie slings, adjustable ridge line and a host of DIY stuff

But my test-hang found many a problem:
- 3/4" tubular climbing straps moved around too much (some stretch/some sliding)
- Tarp wasn't long enough, worried about rain. Moving to larger Crazy Creek tarp but the size/weight are not what i had in mind for this trip.
- Several tieouts were the wrong length
- Bugnet was a mess, started with a ridgeline for it (was hitting tarp), moved it onto the hammock adjustable ridgeline but that was a little low
- Hammock seems a little tight, worried about fitting sleeping bag + mat in it (planning to use big agnes nugget (45F) and aircore pad), part of this was likely because my hang wasn't that good

Here are my thoughts on fixing stuff:
- Move to 1" webbing
- Change from blue to green Crazy Creek tarp. The green tarp is larger but it is too heavy and odd shaped (it will work for this trip)
- New tieouts
- Live with bugnet, ah well
- Hang hammock between closer trees and try to hit that magic 30 degree angle better

Any other thoughts?

BTW if this trip works out I am really thinking about an Maccat Ultra and a BlackBird double layer 1.7.