Greetings,

My daughter, my neighbor, and I went out for a quick in and out on the Wild and Scenic section of the Rogue River in Oregon. We hiked 3.2 miles to the Whiskey Creek campsite where we set up our three hammocks: two Hennesys and one Amazon Mosquito. The weather was perfect. We had bright sunshine which was really nice once we stopped walking, but it was a bit warm during the hike on the exposed canyon walls.

For those of you who don't know, the Wild and Scenic section of the Rogue River is closed to all motorized traffic. There are only two ways to travel, raft or foot, and they control the number of boats on the water with a lottery system so the early hikeable sites are often empty.

Whiskey creek camp is an idea site. Plenty of large, well separated trees for hammocks and lots of open flat ground for those silly tent people whom we tolerate.

The Rogue river meanders close by while Whiskey Creek itself rushes into it with clear, cold water. Someday I hope to raft and then hike the entire length of 40 miles. Rafting should be fun, there are sections with serious rapids.

At night, it dropped to about 52 at the very coldest and we had one of the best star gazing experiences I've ever had. My daughter and I slept like rocks while our friend, new to hammocking, managed to invert himself and find that he was sleeping on the bugnet with the sleeping bag wrapped around him like an anaconda. I'm working on converting him to quilts

All in all, an excellent trip.

FreeTheWeasel