I have been planning a Kayaking/Camping trip for this coming summer. The challenges I am facing are summed up in two categories: Weight and Space.
I plan to use an inflatable Kayak, a couple of dry bags for storage, and that is about it.
I will put the appropriate food and gear in the dry bags, I will also fish along the way.
When this forum was first introduced to me I hadn't thought allot about hammock camping. I do have a hammock, but it is more of a backyard hammock. I had one of those net hammocks, but they tend to hate me. It wasn't until I saw some of the home made setups, and pictures in the forum gallery that I came up with an idea. (it may be original, it may be reinventing the wheel)
I thought of using the kayaks nylon outer-skin as a hammock. it is already the right shape, and has loops sewn into it, but I was hoping that maybe someone had already given this a try and could tell me if it worked for them or not. I would rather learn from others mistakes or successes than potentially ruining my kayak in the middle of nowhere.