I had a thought today and since I am relatively new to the hammocking world, I am not sure if it has already been tried.......

For all of us, hammocking has greatly influenced our lives, simply by bringing back some comfort into our worlds. I got to thinking about the horrible conditions our front line soldiers in afghanistan are living in (if any one has seen the documentary "restrepo").

How cool would it be to send some hammocking gear to our front line soldiers in afghanistan. I am not talking about the ones living on the huge bases, but the soldiers at the FOBs. the ones getting shot at regularly.

My though was if maybe someone here had a relative at a FOB in afgahnistan. We could collect some hammocks, whoopies, maybe even some donated under quilts. If our cottage guys were willing to help out, that would be great too. Someone would have to volunteer to be the collection point...
Collect everything and send it to the soldiers overseas.

Does anyone else like this idea? I just feel like since the media isn't really reporting much about this anymore, we tend to forget about those on the front lines.

I will start first.

I will committ to buy a ENO DN.

Who's next?