Hello all you WB fans! I am new to hammocks and this forum. I posted yesterday under the general hammock talk and was directed to this area so am going to post under a couple different forums for the different brands to help in my decision making..

So I have been reading a lot all over this forum and the web and looking at youtube videos and still not able to decide..

So basically I am going to be primarily needing something for the jungle in Costa Rica (but at elevation so can get a little cooler at night and can rain a lot)...
I should mention I am a long skinny light weight (6' at about 140 lbs).. and I am a side sleeper.. I am interested in budget but also in comfort and if I have to spend more for comfort I will.. unfortunately I don't have time to 'test drive' anything as I need to order for my trip coming up at the end of the month.

The WB Blackbirds do look promising. What I like is the rigging with the webbing which looks easier than some other brands and the double layer bottom for a pad which i will probably need as I think I (being skinny) could get chilly at night even in that climate. Also the whole shelf and footbox thing look cool too.. I was originally recommended to get a Clark and I liked that it had all those pockets and a lot of head room and the weather shield option but the cost for the tropical with the weather shield and larger tarp and shipping came to about 350! Which is a lot for a newbie and I am hearing that it's maybe not so comfy for a side sleeper due to the narrowness of the thing (though in photos it looks pretty flat but I keep hearing about the banana bottom..).. but I wonder if being light weight as I am (I see most of the posters are much heavier than me and I don't know it if shows it on my profile but I am a female, just FYI) if maybe I wouldn't have an issue sleeping on my side in the Clark as some posters have?... Also someone said he can't sleep on his side in a WBB but can in a switchback which someone else said is actually a Claytor.. now I was also considering the Claytor Jungle because of hearing that and the cost being really low and I hear it is sturdy but maybe heavy and not easy to rig?.. Also I hear it may take a long time to ship..

Sorry for the length.. I really am just having a very hard time deciding and have been spending far too many hours on this decision right now!

Any help will be appreciated! And sorry for the redundancy for any of you who may have seen my other post in the other section...

Thanks!!!

PS- If I do get the WBB any advice as to the best rain fly (definitely will need that!!).. for a lot of rain?! Also maybe a less expensive fly option from somewhere else because I see that the actual hammocks are not too expensive but tarps seem to be... I don't think I care too much about weight for this particular trip btw...