Hi all,
I am new in hammocking. After some reading I tend to select whoopie slings for my suspension. I understand the usual whoopie sling configuration is fixed eye end attached to the hammock, adjustable eye end attached to the tree hugger through a karabiner.

I have a couple of questions:

1. having my hammock under a tarp and when raining for long, I think this configuration will get my hammock wet, as the water will flow over the whoopie sling to end in the hammock. What is the way to prevent this?
One way could be using drip lines as described in the DD hammock site http://www.ddhammocks.com/tips/modifications
but I have never tried it.
Has anyone tried this? Or any other method to prevent the water end into the hammock?

2. The alternatives I found for a a tree hugger is either strap or a whoopie sling with both ends on fixed eye (so both are fixed length tree huggers). One concern I have is that if I find a good hanging spot with 2 thin trees (where the tree hugger does not need to be long) in small distance between each other (such that you need the minimum length of your whoopie sling and a tree hugger with the eye connecting to the whoopie sling as close to the tree as possible) , then this configuration (whoopie sling + tree hugger of non adjustable length) may not work.
Is there a reason not to use a whoopie sling with a fixed eye and an adjustable eye as a tree hugger (instead of a fixed length tree hugger), so I can reduce (almost to 0) the distance between the fixed eye of the tree hugger and the tree? With the adjustable woopie sling as a tree hugger, I reduce the minimum distance on which two trees must be to hung the hammock.

FYI, I have a DD Travel Hammock.

Sorry for my long post. I hope I make sense.