Hey y'all! My name is Steve. I am a 46 yo happily married Father of two good sons. I live in a small town called Newell, and work for a local college. I am a BSA Cub Scout Den leader, and our Packs Outdoor Director so we have become a fairly active family when it comes to the realm of tent camping.

But recently, I became a Leave No Trace Trainer, and so I have found myself doing a lot more hiking than before. Pack Weight is a big issue for me, as I had back surgery last year for a ruptured L5 (In retrospect, all that stage diving and sheet rock work when I was 20 might not have been a good idea after all), so I have been toying with the idea of a hammock for the last 4 months.

I finally took the proverbial plunge a week ago, when my oldest son borrowed my 2 man tent for him and a friend to use at Weblo Resident camp. I was on staff for camp, so I needed something to sleep in, and since it was perpetually 98 degrees with a heat index of 105 last week, I thought this was the perfect time for a hammock.

Well, I have to say it was unbearably hot, even at 3 in the morning, but I have never woken up from a nights camping and felt so refreshed -and pain free- in my life!

Aside from that, I love to read, have a terrible addiction to coffee, love spending as much time as I can in the NC mountains, and I am a worthless font of information on WWII.

So here I am now, hooked on hammocks, and wanting to know more!