Sometimes it tough being me. A few years ago I thought I would never sleep on the ground again. I found hammock camping, and knew it was for me. It made so much sense. I ran out and purchased, modified, played with, tweeked, insulated, hung, and hung, and hung, and......... uh oh.

After trying to train myself with weekly overnight hangs in the fire bay, backyard, and such, I couldn't get myself to sleep comfortably through the night. Even now I still try it out again and again, but when it comes to falling asleep I just hang there...... awake. I'm a wiggler, and a tosser and turner. Maybe someday I'll figure it out, but not yet.

The worst part about realizing I'm a tenter is hammockforums.net. I've grown to really love this community. I went on hangs, made new friends, watched all the videos and learned from those willing to teach. there is no place here for all the other aspects of the outdoors which I love and want to share. I miss you.

Last week I went out on an overnight and for the first time in two years didn't bring a hammock. It was actually on accident. I still like to hang out during the day, then sleep on the ground, but I just left it at the Firehouse by mistake. When I got home and made a video about my trip, I realized I couldn't share it with the people I want to share it with the most.... you.

This isn't hammock camping, and I assume this will be taken from the site like other posts I've made that didn't specifically identify with hammocks, but I am going to try and share this great trip I had.

Thanks for the tip, tricks, and good times, and When I learn to hang, I'll be back.