I'm pretty new around here and I've been reading a lot of threads, but I have some questions. I am 5'6" and 150 pounds and I'm planning on getting a Warbonnet Blackbird for overall comfort. I'll post a different thread in the hammocks section with my questions on fabrics.
I'm planning on winter camping with a sleeping bag for now and I'm going to use the tarp that I buy for summer camping as well. I want a relatively lightweight and affordable tarp that offers full coverage and attached doors. If I want a smaller tarp later, I can make one because they're simpler. For now, I want a tarp that does everything - on a budget.
Here's what I'm considering: the Warbonnet Superfly (which I can save on shipping plus get a $10 rebate when I buy the Blackbird as well) or the Wilderness Logics Oldman Winter. I've heard great things about both tarps and I'm not on a time crunch as I'm still saving money.
Will both tarps cover my WBBB while the doors are drawn tight in the winter? If I get the OMW, should I get the longer ridge line? Is there another tarp that is clearly better than either of these two? If not, I'll stick with these two.
Also, I welcome any comments on color. I'd rather be stealth in the summer, as there are rarely any people smart enough to be in the woods in the snow. Are some colors uncomfortable in the heat of summer?
Thanks in advance for your patience with my shower of questions.