Just ordered a couple Hammocks for myself and my son, with Hennessy's Christmas Special. I've never camped in one before.

I'm hoping to use it at an upcoming Campout in December. Historical Lows average about 33 degrees, with record lows about 18, in that date/location.

I have a 20-40 degree sleeping bag, and a closed cell foam pad I plan to use under my sleeping bag.

I've been perfectly comfortable in similar weather while tent camping, with an Air Mattress + Sleeping Bag, (with no Closed Cell foam). I know that the Air Mattress can be a huge heat drain, but not sure how that compares to a Hammock.

I have no problems sleeping in warmer clothes inside the bag if needed. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of budget for underquilts, etc. (Extra blanket on top or a Windshield Reflector might be possible though...)

Should I stick with my tent for this winter campout and save the hammock for the spring, or will this kind of gear be good enough for that weather?

(My Son won't get his Hammock until Christmas, so his will be used first at our March Camping Trip, where it should be warmer.)