Ok, so maybe I'm trying to convert my dad to hanging. He likes that idea, but doesn't like to fiddle with things. Weight isn't a huge issue as he usually goes on just overnighters these days. I have 30' of 1" polypro webbing, and 20' of amsteel blue. The hammock I made has channels on the end....so I was thinking about making about a 12-15" continuos loop out the amsteel and run it through 2 descending rings so you didn't have the keep up with them. Run the loop through the channel on the hammock and larks head it. Cut 2 pieces of webbing at 12' and sew a loop on one end, and finish the other so it won't unravel. Wrap the strap around the tree and through the loop to cinch it to the tree. Run the free end of the webbing thru the rings, set desired height/hang angle then finish off with a slippery half hitch to secure it. So basically all Dad would have to do it throw the webbing around a tree run it through the rings and he is done. I could make him a set of whoopies...but i know he would hate having to fidget with it, and if for some reason it came undone when i wasn't around, I would never hear the end of it

So what do you guys think about that setup, and lengths proposed?