Hi all, I am curious if we have any hangers living in New Zealand, or if any of our Aussie hangers (or anyone else willing to spend the money) would be interested in planning a hang on the south island of NZ. I am planning a vacation there with my wife and son for this time frame, and since we have friends in Christchurch (not campers), they would stay there while on my short journey.

My thought is prioritized like this:

1. Pick some semi-definite dates that would work for all interested
2. Pick a starting location for a multiday hike/hang
3. Pick the trail (can't be one that takes more than 4ish days)

I am sure that there is something I am leaving out with logistics but this will do to start with.

I WILL be going and I will be hiking a trail in a NP with camping involved, but I want someone to share it with since my son is not old enough to be out in the woods yet and wife will not be able to go.

I would also like to have someone along that has experience in this country if possible. Since I have never been to this country before, it would be nice to know about the area I will be in for dangers and the like. I may never have the chance to go back I want to see NZ's best! So all interested please respond. Thanks!

P.S. Are there even any New Zealand hangers???