Greetings from Pflugerville, Texas…Austin basically! I am not a “hanger” yet…been lurking and looking for a while. Woot.com put up a hammock for $19.99 a little while back and I bought two http://www.woot.com/offers/yukon-out...double-hammock

…and so it begins. This will get out of hand. I am a huge fan of DIY and I can see this being a variation of that sickness! Already eyeballing some design ideas for tarps and slings…and I haven’t even spent an 10 minutes in the air yet!

I am a sadly out of shape 42 year old formerly younger and fit person. I am a den leader in my son’s Cub Scout pack and I am tired of sleeping on the ground and thinking that this hammock thing has merit!

Got those woot specials in and hung one between trees in the yard and apparently the wrong way…I strung it really tight and I felt like I was being sucked thru a straw. Read a little and let is kinda slack and what a difference. Now I am looking into setting up my rig properly.

Ridgeline has me kinda stumped right now. It seems like they are permanently fixed to the hammock? How long should they be, is there a rule to this. Am I imagineing this? Is the an advantage?

Is there a general set up guide here on the forum? I haven’t found it just yet. I know there is more than one way and no particular right way but I am all over the place right now!!!

Jeremy