Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I have to admit the same. I have forgotten to "milk" the bury (before I got into the habit), and had no noticeable slippage.

I also agree with those mentioning that lines designed to absorb shock are very different from those designed not to stretch. Two different applications, two different safety features.

There's a reason mountain climbing rope stretches and caving rope does not. You don't want to use one for the other (wrong) purpose. It could kill you.

When human life and limb are at risk, it's wise to know a bit about ropes and to use them properly. Lots of good information about just that here in HammockForums!

Rain Man
ex-caver

I had almost rather risk some slippage and have to say I need to readjust my prusik than to have to say I need to milk my bury , with that being said I am ordering some amsteel blu in a couple sizes to see what I can make work.

At the moment my girlfriend and I are planning on double stacking our hammocks while backpacking to use one tarp so I really don't want either of our suspensions to break , that would suck.

I do appreciate the info and do need to learn more about rope types and their uses for hammock camping and weight loads , we had a bunch of paracord and poly rope around already is the only reason we even tried it on test runs.

We also have walmart hammocks so the rope may be the least of our worries lol.