I don't know if I am posting in the correct place but I thought this should be known if not already known. Mods let me know if this is in the wrong spot and I'll gladly move it.

Perry Lake Trail is a 4 section, 30 mile trail located on Perry Lake here in Kansas. Located between Lawrence and Topeka KS. Here's a link to look at. Trail Info

I received an email from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers of Perry Lake, where I asked them about hammocking along the trail.

The Email:

Hi Tanner. We do allow primitive camping along the trail, including hammock camping, we just ask that you practice good "Leave no Trace" ethics. Be careful with your distance of camping 200 feet away from the trail, as in some cases our government boundary is closer than 200 feet, so be sure you are on government property and do not stray onto adjacent private property. It's interesting that you mention hammock camping; I had a phone call this past week of a hiker who was planning to hike the entire trail this past President's Day weekend and use his hammock for camping. Sounds like a great way to go - I'll have to try it! :-)

Enjoy your hike on the trail. If you have any other questions, please let me know -- happy to help.

Bunnie Watkins
Natural Resource Manager
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Perry Lake
816-389-3921

I'm supper excited that they allow both hammocks and primitive camping along the trail. I cant wait to get all my gear ready and head out and "thru hike" this trail.

So again, Just wanted to pass this info on to anyone interested. Thanks!