Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Outdoors. With a hammock.

Today I bought a hammock. I live in West Coast Canada, a wet climate that has lots of mountains filled with trees. There are plenty of alpine areas that don’t have trees, and when there aren’t any trees often times the ground is rocky. One thing we do have is bugs a lot of bugs. I’m pretty sure I said that it’s a wet climate.

My hammock weights more than I would have liked, but if I have to sleep with the rocks at least I should stay fairly dry in the DD Traveler. I want to take some seam sealer to make sure I keep the ground water out in case I can’t use trees. I think may head over to Mountain Equipment Coop and have a look at their light weight tarps.

I did my first solo wilderness camping trip a while ago. I was up probably half the night without a campfire worried I was going to be eaten by a bear or whatever. I think something ran into the side of my tent or something, but I stayed out there and proved that I can do it! I have gained some knowledge, and want to take some mountaineering courses, an avalanche course. Even spending time out in wilderness on my own with my botany books is a great time. I sure want to go again with the prospect of bringing a hammock this time, and a Primus Micron lantern. Chances are I’ll upgrade the suspension of my hammock in the future. The main thing is now I own a hammock. It may not be the best one according to some folks, but I think it has what I can use.
    Last edited by JesterJosev; 03-11-2013 at 23:48.

• + New Posts