Well, we did it. It was awesome. The boy and I did a full on overnight sleep out....in the backyard. Oooooo the wilds of Pinehaven Drive. Trucks and cars and geese, Oh My!

Thursday night weather man said Friday low would be 35*. We were stoked thinking we're not only gonna get a first overnight test in but set a PR for low temp. Friday morning weather man said Friday low would be 45*. Okay, so not a record, just an overnighter none the less.

It was great and the boy loved it (but I loved it more). We slept in till 7 am. I got up and fired up the alky stove and heated some water and the boy and I had "Russian tea from the hammock" (said in our best fake Shug/Irish accent).

Still a few things to tweak on the rig and things to have in place. It would have been so much better in the piney woods. We're heading to a local hike trail on the Natchez Trace next month for the real deal Lucille. Can't get the off our faces. Baby girl will go with us for the woods run next month too. One more convert. We are Happy, Happy, Happy