Hello,

My name is Ellis and I'm here because I have a problem. I used to go camping and I would sleep on the ground. Then I meet this guy and he tells me that he's my friend. He wants to "help" me out. He told me about this new thing. "Everyone is doing it," he said. He told me that this new "thing" was called hammock camping. I thought that this was great! I have a camping hammock. IMG_0706.jpg I go on a hiking trip with this "friend" and several other hammock campers. This is how I got started and its gone downhill ever since. I have since tried to get help, and I've recently learned that I'm what they call a Do-It-Yourselfer. I slink around the web trying to get my "fix" on what others have made. So far I've got a home made double layer based on Risk's Zzzhammock IMG_0698.jpg design with a diy web strap suspension, IMG_0700.jpg IMG_0702.jpg a poncho liner enroute for a diy underquilt, and I'm waiting for a sale on mosquito netting so I can do a bug net. My tarp is a recycled hex rain fly off an old backpacking tent. My wife is always angry because I'm asking her to sew stuff for me and my family just looks at me with pity in their eyes. I'm here because I have a problem and need help