I was blessed winning a brand new Appalachian Hammock Original hammock during the raffle at the recent 1st Annual Smoked Butt Hammock Hang. Thanks AppalachianHammock.com !

The Appalachian Hammock Original hammock is constructed using a single-layer 1.9 ripstop and it’s calendared too. Oh yeah, the fabric has a DWR coating as well. Well made, moisture resistant, and sturdy too.

I measured the hammock and calculated an 83% ridgeline length. Then attached a UCR for an adjustable structural ridgeline. After measuring the hammock I found this one’s finished length between the suspension loops was 10’4″ (124 in = 315 cm). That yields an 83% ridgeline of about 8’7″ (103 in = 261.6 cm). Well, if my calcs and measurements are correct that is!

Ahh-h-h… listening to the breeze in the trees…Mmm-mm-m, so comfortable in fact that I woke up about half an hour later !

I can attest that Appalachian Hammock makes some high quality gear.
  • Thanks again to AppalachianHammock for donating prizes to the 1st Annual Smoked Butt Hang!

I wrote up a review with more pictures here: http://www.greenwoodgrid.com/loki/ap...up-april-2013/