Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Thanks HF Moderators

I know there's occasionally (although not often) someone upset with how the forums here are moderated. I'm definitely not one of them.

I've been visiting and posting more frequently at BackpackingLight.com recently as I continue lightening my pack and evaluate my non-hammock gear for when I have to go to ground occasionally.

While parts of BPL have great content and some great community members, its forums are nowhere near the quality found here.

A simple example - a 21 page thread created in just five days. It's all around a single member's experience with a cottage vendor that spun WAY out of control. While I believe the original post would have been allowed here, the onslaught of ridiculing comments - from both sides of the argument - would certainly not have been. As I read through parts (I couldn't force myself to read through even a quarter of them), I was reminded and saddened of the kind of behaviors folks sometimes exhibit online.

A HUGE thanks to the moderators and rules set forth here. They, and the wonderful members, make this one of the best overall forums on the web (and certainly the best outdoor-related forum).
    Last edited by breyman; 06-04-2013 at 21:10.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

• + New Posts