Hi,

I'm looking to build a hammock bed to replace my bed in my home.

I have included some photos of the kind of thing I'm aiming to build (see below).

The things I'm thinking about are:

1. Dipping - I don't want to roll into the middle. I think this will be prevented by having many strips of fabric interwoven... The bed in the photo has three strips of fabric going across, and three going from top to bottom, and they are woven above, below, above, etc.
Would dipping be best prevented by having many separate strips of fabric? i.e. Even more than the one in the photo? If so, how many strips would you advise?

2. Tension - what would be the best way to ensure good/variable tension on each of the individual strips of fabric?

3. Which fabric would be best? It has to be washable and comfortable/breathable, as I will probably be lying directly on it.

4. Comfort - I am wondering whether it's possible to achieve a hammock bed that's comfortable enough to completely get rid of my 'normal' bed. What do you think?

5. Moulding - presumably, fabrics that slip over each other better when stretching in response to the force from above will lead to better moulding around the body? Or is this unlikely to happen because of them being woven in an above, below, above fashion?

Thanks to anyone who shares some of their wisdom

Here are some pictures of the hammock bed that made me think that this project could be possible: