Placed an order with Marty on Christmas day for a Tadpole Tarp and SS 3/4 underquilt. On January 6th I decided to go ahead and add the SS Topquilt in XXL as well. I asked if he could have everything done by January 15th so I could take it to the Florida Hang but told Marty I'd be just fine if the top quilt wasn't ready since I added it so late.

A couple days later I get an email from Marty saying everything is finished up, two days later a small box shows up on my doorstep. When I carefully opened it and started pulling the quilts out of the stuff sacks they puffed up nice and full.

I took all my new gear (new BIAS WW Hammock and NanoBuginator) down to one of my favorite trails for a short day hike and set everything up.

I ended up using a 8 liter waterproof silnylon stuff sack for the under quilt and top quilt together.

Last weekend at the Florida Hang I got to spend three nights. The first night was near 40 degrees and I was very comfortable with just a light base layer. The second night got down to 23 degrees so I added another layer of fleece and actually draped an old sleeping bag over everything and was toasty warm, almost hot. The last night was in the mid-upper thirties and I very comfortable going to sleep with just the WL quilts but woke up around 5am slightly chilled.

So I've learned the WL quilts will be great for me down to at least 40 degrees. I plan on adding an under quilt protector and maybe a sleeping bag liner to get down to 30. Since the majority of my camping is in Florida the SS quilts are an excellent size and since the both fit in an 8 liter dry sack totaling just over two pounds its a welcome change from my bulky synthetic sleeping bag.

Thanks Marty for the great products and service.

Oh, and the Tadpole worked great but didn't really get test much with the 30 minutes of light sprinkles we had on Sunday afternoon.