Figured I would get this report started, I know digitizer has the pictures to add.

Big thanks to Disco, Gideon, Digitizer & his son for attending.

I headed in Friday night, did a short hike along Pickle Creek trail and stealth camped just off-trail. Had time to set-up, make some tea and enjoy a few chapters of a good book. The silence was so profound being out there that I started hearing things! It was truly exqusitie being so alone without any wind, birds or bugs.

Saturday morning came and with it brought a cheerful small group of guys ready to break trail and get the trip started the same way it ended, with high spirits.

Introductions and reuniting of companions lead to conversation catching each other up on life and topics of the sort. I let the four fresh faces lead way while I hung back a tad and enjoyed the vibes of their presence.

Reaching the trailhead we felt special for being the only tracks on the north loop. Breaking trail gave us a solid sense of serenity until we saw other hikers later on.

It was a short hike to campsite, everyone got organized and set-up for lunch. Right as we get a fire started we realize its way too early to be sitting around so we did a 4.4 mile stretch around White Oaks. With about an hour of daylight left out comes the headlamps, cook kits and deep conversation. Four about 4 more hours we induldge in camraderie and firelit logs.

Morning springs and I'm first awake. I go over to the firepit, see hardly any coals and decide another hour or so in my hammock seems much more appealing. I climb back into heavenly warmth and enjoy audible bird watching. I depict 6 different calls with many wood peckers all around camp. (Looking through cuben fiber into tall trees is a great way to wake up!)

Opting out of finishing the north loop I'm the first to head out of camp. I say my good-byes and enjoy an enlightening conversation with Gideon upon my exit. With Digitizer & his son cooking breakfast, Disco enjoying the fire and Gideon breaking down his Darien UL I disappear into the woods completely refreshed and ready for another work week!

Note: I made the grave msitake of grabbing my trailrunners and heading out without thinking about snow covering the trails. My feet were wet at all times except right before I climbed into the hammock. This kept me pretty grounded, if I wasn't in the hammock, I was next to the fire and if neither were an option I was moving around to avoid my feet turning into ice cubes! A huge mistake not bringing boots, but didn't take anything away from the trip!

Although it wasn't exactly my first HF Hang, it was my first hang where I found the group, and shared their company

Great group of guys to hike with and be around. Good conversation, tastey fire-side cigars and many tips & tricks about the ham-mock side of life.

Looking forward to the pictures Digitizer!

Cheers