I was contacted this weekend by a friend with family in the Philippines. They are typhoon victims who lost everything and are trying to rebuild their lives.

One of the items that have been of great use are hammocks that have been purchased in the U.S. and then shipped over to them.

PROBLEM: The hammocks have not been holding up to extended daily use.
I am not certain of the make of the hammocks that have been sent thus far, my guess would be they come from Walmart.

I have been asked to source Canvas hammocks for them.

Other than googling up some sources, I have no experience purchasing canvas hammocks, so I am open to suggestions.

This week I will be getting more details on what has been used, what failed etc.

NEEDED: Any specific recommendation for Canvas Hammocks, and related suspension.

INFORMATION: Does anyone know of any organization specifically donating/distributing hammocks in the Philippines for typhoon victims?

IDEAS: I am going to 1) suggest a canvas hammock after some research, 2) make a couple double layer ripstop hammocks with whoopies to send over, 3) look into getting some donated hammocks and finding a way to distribute them to those in need.

For those that don't know, Typhoon Yolanda (here we called it Haiyan) was the strongest recorded typhoon to make landfall, struck in Nov 2013, killed over 6000 people and sadly, remains are still being discovered to this day.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers
-Peter