I made the first on from 1.9 ripstop nylon dwr. I sewed one inch channels on each end then hemmed the sides. I used a roll hem and thats like wrestling a greased pig in the rain. Stitches look like ziz zag but are supposed to be straight. He he. I ran some #18 bank line through the channel to make the balled end then used the same to lash it together. I have an ENO Doublenest and my homemade is more comfortable. I think it is because the material does not stretch as much and is not as wide. Whoopie slings for suspension. Hammock, suspension and stuff bag weighs in at 16.63 ozs. I made one for my daughter using crinkle taffeta from the tablecloth factory. $11. Cinched and tied up as above. Have not slept in it but laid in it. Seems ok. By the way on the first one I tried two different methods to gather the ends but did not like them, so i ended up with the ends as described. One method i wadded the end up then pulled the sides out a little to tighten up the sides, the other method was the folded deal. Saw both these somewhere on net. Table cloth is so easy. The tablecloth looks like the same as on my ENO.