I need a tarp to use with my JRB BMBH. I dont want to buy multiple tarps. I am trying to figure out which will be the absolute best so I only have to buy one. I figure I need a large tarp for two reasons. 1 In Az its either good weather and I wont even bother setting up a tarp, or its bad weather and I need full protection from the elements be it rain, wind, snow or a combination of. 2 The bridge hammock is a wide hammock, so to have adequate room under the tarp with full protection and the spreader bars not rub the tarp I think it should be large.

In my decision making process I keep going back and forth between two tarps. At first I considered all large (winter) tarps. OES, Speers, JRB, Warbonnet and a few others. I have narrowed my choice down to the JRB 11x10 and Warbonnet superfly. I know the others are great tarps but I want a tarp that "blends" in with nature a little more than white. Also a darker colored tarp would block more light allowing me to sleep in a little longer while camping.

The JRB and Warbonnet seem to have their own advantages. The one main advantage to each is...

JRB
Has mutliple ways to hang the tarp. I really like this option but doesnt seem to "seal up" as much as the Warbonnet.

Warbonnet
Has doors, which would be great in wind driven snow or rain. The downfall is this tarp cant be hung in different ways as easily (if at all) like the JRB

Which of these advantages is more important to me? Well if I knew that I would have a tarp already.

The Warbonnet has the side pull tabs which I think is essential but I could add grip clips to the JRB for a few bucks and have the same thing. Right now I am leaning toward the JRB due to cost. As far as I can tell the only difference between the JRB and Warbonnet (once I add grip clips to the JRB) is the doors. I really like the doors but at nearly $100 more? I dont know if I need them that bad. But then if I get the JRB and find I need/want doors I will do exactly what I didnt want to, buy multiple tarps.

Since I am posting this thread I guess I might as well ask if any one has pics of a bridge hammock under a 11x10 JRB or a warbonnet superfly. It might help to see how much room you have under each tarp while pitched in various configurations. Thanks for letting me organize my thought on paper. If anyone has comments or opinions on either tarp feel free to add to the post.