Hey hangers,
Just joined...first post. Been looking around the forum a little, but there is just a ton of info to sift thru. Im actually somewhat confused so I figured Id just post.
Ive been taking motorcycle trips for the last couple years. Using a tent is getting old. After riding 500 miles a day, it would be nice to get a good nights sleep.
Plus, the tent and stakes take up too much room on the bike.

So...im mainly looking for a setup that is relatively compact...weight really isnt an issue. I also dont want to break the bank. Id like to stay in the $200-300 range for everything that I need.....for starters...haha.
Was considering the ENO one link...but read on here that I can do better for less money.

Id prefer a double....and I definitely need a bug net.

I have a Thermarest ridgerest pad but Its kind of a hassle on the bike. Any other suggestions for bottom insulation that is more motorcycle friendly? Dont know how small UQ are when folded up....plus they are pretty pricey....any other options?
I figured Id just use my Kelty down sleeping bag as top insulation....sound ok? I thought I read somewhere not to use sleeping bags....but that might have been just for bottom...not sure....please clarify.

I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Oh...almost forgot. For the time being, this will only be for my motorcycle trips. So relatively warmer weather....55F and above. I only camp in winter with larger groups and we share bigger tents. That could change depending on how much I like the hammock. But for now...its just 3 season....if that.

Thnx....looking forward to your input.