A few years ago, I purchased a Tempurpedic mattress with a pillow top. I was experiencing hip and shoulder pressure point issues with my old mattress. While the Tempurpedic is nice, I still experienced shoulder pressure point issues. I read about how hammocks are supposed to be better for back issues, which I also have, so I decided to try to sleep in a hammock.

I purchased a hammock and hammock stand online from Seaside Hammocks in Florida. I have been sleeping in my hammock for about 2.5 weeks now. I'm getting more used to my hammock and in the past few days, began looking forward to getting in it. I've had one bad experience so far. One night, I started my sleep session sleeping sideways. I woke up with a stiff and sore back. I'm not sure what I did and can't remember what position I was in when I awoke because I was in a deep sleep. I had slept on my side on previous occasions without incident, so I'm not sure what I did different.

I was never able to sleep on my back in a bed. If I did turn onto my back unconsciously during sleep, it was a guaranteed backache. I've slept on my back in my hammock without any problems whatsoever. However, I prefer sleeping on my side, even in a hammock.