Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member Chocolatier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Hex
    Insulation
    Mummified DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    177

    Talking Four and twenty blackbirds...

    Took my first shot at hammock camping last weekend--Franconia Brook, NH--in an ENO Singlenest. Put up a fly, plopped in my mat and 20F bag and had a perfect night's sleep. (And not a skeeter in sight--good thing, since I don't have netting!)

    I have seen the light! I'm a believer in the Way of the Hammock.

    Came home and started browsing for information on real bugproof hammocks. Too expensive to add netting to the ENO, and also too heavy. Discovered HammockForums and quickly enough, Warbonnet.

    Ordered my Double 1.1 Blackbird (with webbing) from Brandon yesterday. Two weeks out he says. Can't wait

    Thanks y'all, for a great and informative forum!

    Rich

    p.s. Know anybody who'd like an ENO Singlenest? Very comfy, used once.

    Rich Tango-Lowy
    Dancing Lion Chocolate
    www.dancinglion.us
    twitter.com/LoveOfChocolate

  2. #2
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB D1.1, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,515
    Images
    101
    good deal on having a comfy night of sleep...
    and another good choice with the BB

    If you list a price for your ENO, you might have some takers...

    finally, welcome to HF!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  3. #3
    RootCause's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    MN
    Hammock
    WB Traveller, & my DIY gathered-end
    Tarp
    DIY 10x10
    Insulation
    Pads, usually
    Suspension
    Several types
    Posts
    608
    Images
    4

    Keep your Singlenest

    It's an easy conversion to bugproof: tie a ridgeline from end to end, then drap a mosquito bar over the top.
    http://www.coghlanscampinggear.com/cobamonet32x.html

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bulldawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Hammock
    WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by richtl View Post
    Took my first shot at hammock camping last weekend--Franconia Brook, NH--in an ENO Singlenest. Put up a fly, plopped in my mat and 20F bag and had a perfect night's sleep. (And not a skeeter in sight--good thing, since I don't have netting!)

    I have seen the light! I'm a believer in the Way of the Hammock.

    Came home and started browsing for information on real bugproof hammocks. Too expensive to add netting to the ENO, and also too heavy. Discovered HammockForums and quickly enough, Warbonnet.

    Ordered my Double 1.1 Blackbird (with webbing) from Brandon yesterday. Two weeks out he says. Can't wait

    Thanks y'all, for a great and informative forum!



    Rich

    p.s. Know anybody who'd like an ENO Singlenest? Very comfy, used once.

    Rich Tango-Lowy
    Dancing Lion Chocolate
    www.dancinglion.us
    twitter.com/LoveOfChocolate
    I might be intersted in the singlenest for my wife, I have a double, and would like a single for her to longue....let me know a price, and if you also ve the slap straps for them. thanks!

  5. #5
    Senior Member SmokeHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Hammock
    WB bb 1.1, Many 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY sil & Multicam
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    1,188
    Images
    49
    Welcome to HF,,, Itís nice to have several types of hammocks. Even though I really prefer sleeping in the WB BB I really like my ENO lounging around at home or the lake.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Yep, Blackbird kicks butt!
    However, there are times that my ENOs still get to go play. Sometimes I just prefer them. I agree with the other posters, you should hang onto that ENO. You'll need something for your friends to borrow when they start getting all jealous anyway.
    Trust nobody!

  7. #7
    HappyCamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WV
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, 1.1 single
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Posts
    3,523
    Images
    47
    I rail trail bike and keep an Eno-type hammock on my bike so when I need a break, I hang, take a rest, eat lunch, read some. Then get back on bike and finish ride. It's also a good hammock to take to family reunions, any type of summer outing. Just saaaaaayin' you don't HAVE to get rid of it.
    I intend to live forever, or die trying. -- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Chocolatier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Hex
    Insulation
    Mummified DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    good deal on having a comfy night of sleep...
    and another good choice with the BB

    If you list a price for your ENO, you might have some takers...

    finally, welcome to HF!
    Good thought, I paid $50 and it's pretty much new, so let's call it $40 and I'll cover shipping within the U.S.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Chocolatier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Hex
    Insulation
    Mummified DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by enolounger View Post
    I might be intersted in the singlenest for my wife, I have a double, and would like a single for her to longue....let me know a price, and if you also ve the slap straps for them. thanks!
    No slap straps. Heck, until this past Sunday I'd never even heard of the things.

    Rich

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •