WBRR, bluebridge grizz bridge,
    Tarp
    cloudburst
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    wb straps

underquilt, how much loft?

Hey guys, I am making an synthetic underquilt for my DIY speer hammock. How much insulation would you recommend? I am very tall and thin, and tend to sleep cold. The coldest I would ever take my hammock out is somewhere in the high teens, or mid 20 degree range. (The weather in GA is pretty darn nice most of the time!) I want to be comfortable, but I dont want to carry any more pack weight than I have to. Any suggestions on using a underquilt and other techniques that work together to boost the insulation value? Thanks for the help!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB D1.1, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    what synthetic insulation are you using?
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Well, this is relevant to my interests....

I want to get one done before cold comes in and have been looking at my materials options..

http://thru-hiker.com/materials/insulation.php

I'm curious about how the batting would attach to the covering? I haven't researched it yet......

Hammock
    WBRR, bluebridge grizz bridge,
    Tarp
    cloudburst
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    wb straps
    I have some leftover insulation from a kit I put together a few years ago. (a Ray Jardine quilt kit---I dont remember the brand of insulation he uses in his kits.) In the kit, you use yarn and tie through the quilt every 8 inches or so, to keep the insulation from shifting. (not real pretty, but simple and effective--Ive spent dozens of nights in my rayway quilt---works great!)