Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Later refinements that I did as this project "continually" progresses..

1. Since I like like to lay on the diagonal, I stitched on two loops of webbing at the head end. I offset these loops on the bag, once I knew where I wanted my bag in relationship to my body and the hammock, which put the mummy hood section nearer to my noggin', allowing it to envelope my head when completely zipped up.
    2. Elastic cords at both foot (existing hang loops here) and head end, suspending bag from drooping to the ground. The bag can hang like an uq, or zip up tight.
    3. Adjustable plastic figure nine at head end, loosen or tighten as weather predicts.
    4. I leave the elastic suspension on the bag, and once the hammock is up, slip the elastic over the gather fabric bundles at each end, quick and easy.
    5. Mod to original sleeping bag stuff sack with webbing, to make the sack more compressed.
    Ahhh... Now you're talkin' GEAR MODS! Much better than what I did. Even though I did use the draft collar cinch cord for extra suspension one night. Found out that the more the bag fell towards the foot end (trying to get to the middle of the hammock due to gravity), the tighter the bag wrapped around my neck. I nearly choked to death!

It appears your elastic that fits over the fabric bundles was a forerunner of Brandon's Yeti suspension attachment.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Not a forerunner, I copied him after seeing his vid. thanks brandon.

I had originally tied to the main suspension up higher. It caused the bag or any uq setup I tried to want to flip around the hammock or want to droop to the ground when hammock was unoccupied. The shorter the distance the less amount of variables, and shorter elastic saves weight. Not that I'm a gram weenie.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    my only hammock! ENO double
    Tarp
    my only tarp ENO
    Insulation
    Have no Idea
    Suspension
    Ratchet straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    I did something like this, works fine. Shockcords attached to the foot and head end help to hold the bag snug under the hammock. I have since spun my bag with the zipper on top for entry, added two small webbing loops for attaching elastic/hooks. It is a little more confining but....it is cheaper than a 200 dollar uq and 200 topq.
    Thats exactly what I'm talkin bout!!! I'm gonna keep messin with it, to see if I can rig as just a UQ. Little concerned about being confined, I'll be alright for a little while. I move to fetal alot in my hammock. The bag I'm planning on using is a 20* TNF bag, won't have to cut anything, has a zippered foot vent. Have anyone seen true bag ratings with this setup?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12