1.7 DL BB
    Tarp
    JRB 10'x11' tarp
    Insulation
    New River
    Suspension
    web

New River and a Blackbird

Okay. I give up. This is my first UQ. Not sure what i'm doing. Does anyone have a pic of the new river on a BB? I have the ends hooked up, but it is real loose.

Gordon

PS. Guess i'm not as smart as i thought i was.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    You may need to shorten the shock cords a bit. Do you have any pictures of your hammock and quilt?

John

Hammock
    1.7 DL BB
    Tarp
    JRB 10'x11' tarp
    Insulation
    New River
    Suspension
    web
    No. Not yet,but i did figure it out. I kept wrapping the shock cord around the suspension until it was short enough to hold the UQ up under the hammock. Then I laid in the hammock and felt for air pockets between the hammock and UQ. By running my hand between the Uq and hammy(while in it) i found a 4" gap under my butt. So i tightened the shock cords some more. I also put a extra shock cord on by the foot box to keep it from slipping out of the UQ. The extra shock cord worked great! I was able to roll over on my side and back several time over the course of the night with no problems.

The next day i added cord locks to the shock cords on the ends. Not my idea,(It was EAY's. Something she posted in an other thread) but it work like a charm. This way i dont have to keep wrapping the cord to shorten it. I will post pictures of this when i get a chance.

Gordon