Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images

Knobstone Trail October

The wife and I went on a small trip for my B-Day this weekend, and had a wonderful time.

We started off at 3:30 after a short day at work and hiked about 4.5 miles until we made camp averaging about 2 miles an hour.

Then I got to set up my new WBBB single layer 1.1, and Yeti, with an OES Deluxe. I had a 1/4" Gossamer Gear Pad and a Golite Ultra 20. The temps got down to 50 and I got only a slight chill at 4 in the morning because I had the Yeti to high creating a small gap at my head. I reached out and pulled the Yeti down to my shoulders and could literaly feel the hot air pushing out from under the Golite top quilt. I was plenty warm, actually sweating at first, but stayed cozy all night.

After we made camp we set up the Caldera cone sytem with our Grease Pot, and had Gnocchi, with marinara sauce, and had some cranberries mixed with seeds and such for dessert.

In the morning we woke up and had our fried bagels with cream cheese and a poptart, blueberry w/ frosting, and headed out for the day. We hiked for three miles to a beautiful lake called Elk Creek Lake, had a snack and moved on.

After the short break soaking in the sun next to the lake we hiked a short 2 miles to our lunch break. I had three tortilla wraps with chicken, ranch mayonnaise, real bacon bits, and parmesan cheese. The wife had a PB and J bagel with doritos.

We then hiked around 4 miles out to the awaiting vehicle and started our way back home... wonderful trip, wonderful times. I want to thank everyone on here who helped me to be more prepared for the trip.

"dirt"
    Last edited by Pak-Man; 10-04-2009 at 16:54.
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak-Man View Post
    The wife and I went on a small trip for my B-Day this weekend, and had a wonderful time.

We started off at 3:30 after a short day at work and hiked about 4.5 miles until we made camp averaging about 2 miles an hour.

Then I got to set up my new WBBB single layer 1.1, and Yeti, with an OES Deluxe. I had a 1/4" Gossamer Gear Pad and a Golite Ultra 20. The temps got down to 50 and I got only a slight chill at 4 in the morning because I had the Yeti to high creating a small gap at my head. I reached out and pulled the Yeti down to my shoulders and could literaly feel the hot air pushing out from under the Golite top quilt. I was plenty warm, actually sweating at first, but stayed cozy all night.

After we made camp we set up the Caldera cone sytem with our Grease Pot, and had Gnocchi, with marinara sauce, and had some cranberries mixed with seeds and such for dessert.

In the morning we woke up and had our fried bagels with cream cheese and a poptart, blueberry w/ frosting, and headed out for the day. We hiked for three miles to a beautiful lake called Elk Creek Lake, had a snack and moved on.

After the short break soaking in the sun next to the lake we hiked a short 2 miles to our lunch break. I had three tortilla wraps with chicken, ranch mayonnaise, real bacon bits, and parmesan cheese. The wife had a PB and J bagel with doritos.

We then hiked around 4 miles out to the awaiting vehicle and started our way back home... wonderful trip, wonderful times. I want to thank everyone on here who helped me to be more prepared for the trip.

There are some great pics in my gallery, I tried to post them but cannot seem to get them on here. Thanks,

"dirt"
    where did you guys start? Delaney?
    Did you see much water? (outside Elk Lake...)
    Here is a couple weeks, that trail will be in full glory! (and probably dry, dry, dry!)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Looks like a nice trip. Looks like your lab had a good time too.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DIY Speer type
    Tarp
    OES spin deluxe
    Insulation
    Te-wa UQ
    Suspension
    Rings and straps
    Love the lab photos I have a chocolate lab myself. GREAT hiking buddies. Glad you had a nice birthday trip. Thanks for sharing.
    We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down. ~Robert Sweetgall

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    AC, there was plenty of water, but it did rain last week. We began at Leota trail head, and hiked north through Elk Creek, to the Oxley Memorial Trail head. That trail will be great, until the leaves fall, and then it becomes much more difficult. At least that is my experience from last fall..

Thanks everyone, we had a great time. And yes the dog did to. He didnt even want to leave, and when we went to get in the car he actually tried to walk back to the trail...

We wanted to too, but had to go home..

Thanks again

"dirt"
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

• + New Posts