Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    IMO, it doesn't matter too much since Dutch had the wonderful presene of mind to add the retention hook to the clip. Personally, I hang mine so that the open end is down.
    That makes sense to me...seems like you would want the weight of the clip to help hold it in position. I know, it doesn't weigh much, but it's still heavier than webbing.
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  2. #22
    Senior Member john30563's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mount Airy, GA
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Just make sure we upgrade your suspension before the festivities begin. Otherwise your suspension upgrade will probably wind up all kinds of FUBAR.
    My current goal is to be there around 3ish. We aren't staying the night though. But I will want to hang my newly suspended rig, so don't go too far up the trail for your spot. I have to work that morning, but should be home around 1:30 and leaving very shortly afterward, about a 40 minute drive.

  3. #23
    Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,384
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by john30563 View Post
    My current goal is to be there around 3ish. We aren't staying the night though. But I will want to hang my newly suspended rig, so don't go too far up the trail for your spot. I have to work that morning, but should be home around 1:30 and leaving very shortly afterward, about a 40 minute drive.
    Yeah, we'll probably be there around 2 or 3. See ya there!

    Any of the NC area hammockers want to ride down to Mountain Crossings (Neel Gap) with us for Winton Porter's book release party on Saturday? Staying overnight and hanging hammocks on the grounds at MTX.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

  4. #24

    ἑταῖροι
    Hetairoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I'm over here!
    Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    289
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    IMO, it doesn't matter too much since Dutch had the wonderful presene of mind to add the retention hook to the clip. Personally, I hang mine so that the open end is down.
    I hang open end up because .... well, it's shaped like a horseshoe and I'm superstitious. Yeah, I know, silly, but I can't do anything about it.
    Live by the sword, die by the arrow

  5. #25
    Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,384
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetairoi View Post
    I hang open end up because .... well, it's shaped like a horseshoe and I'm superstitious. Yeah, I know, silly, but I can't do anything about it.
    That is the best rationale for anything ever in the history of the world.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •