Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hmm. sounds like I might try that Traveler with separate netting. Thanks for the info, guys!

Hammock
    Byer Moskito or Parrot Bay
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Home made
    Images
    One option no one has mentioned,

If you get a hammock with integral netting like the Byer Mosquito Traveler, and you don't want to use the netting, just turn the hammock over and let the netting hang underneath you.

I wouldn't go into the boundary waters without some form of no-see-um proof netting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    One thing to consider that is often overlooked about the integrated bug nets is the ability to trap a little heat and absorb a little moisture (ie. fog). The temp bump I can attest to; there is a noticeable difference inside a hammock with integrated bug netting when the temps dip hard. The moisture repelling abilities is just a theory that I haven't had the opportunity to test yet. Last night would have been a good time; it looks like London here today.
    oh, i think having a net really helps keep condensation of your sleeping bag in colder weather especially, i know on winter nights i've gone with a no-net i've woken up with frost al over my bag, and i haven't really noticed this with the net, my bag seems to stay pretty dry

That's interesting about the net, but it does make sense. It basically makes a double wall tent that way.

Hammock
    G-Bird II
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    AHE TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoop dutch!
    Images
    Never really thought of my netting as a breathable weathersock, but it makes sense.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I've used a Mosquito Hammock, with intergral net and a Warbonnet Traveler with the separate net. My biggest problem with the Mosquito Hammock was anything I put in the pocket wound up underneath me and a little bit uncomfortable. With the ridge line on the Traveler, problem solved. The net definately helps keep condensation down and traps a little bit of heat in cooler weather.