Hammock
    Switch back 1.9
    Tarp
    Lawson HexaLite
    Insulation
    3-Season Incubator
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    I have JRB BMBH on order, can't wait on the comparison of my BB. My question is on the suspension. The straps around the tree are not snug but like a big loop , is this normal? I'm use to something like a dutch clip.
    "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
    Thomas Paine

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by russmay View Post
    The straps around the tree are not snug but like a big loop , is this normal?
    Totally normal. I had zero issues with my BMBH tri-glide suspension and setup using the JRB method.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Just returned from a 1400 mile fall folage motorcycle trip...Great colors out there now.

Reading of the comfortable wives coveting your BMBH... I am reminded of the the old adage...

Happy Wife... Happy Life.

Go figure and enjoy your hang.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB 11'x9' hex
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    Suspension
    webbing suspension

Too hard to resist

Look what you've done to me!! This compelling review that makes me so curious about this type of hammock and now a JRB Sale just at that moment ! I simply could not resist! Placed my order a few seconds ago

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevaru View Post
    Look what you've done to me!! This compelling review that makes me so curious about this type of hammock and now a JRB Sale just at that moment ! I simply could not resist! Placed my order a few seconds ago
    GREAT CHOICE! Enjoy!

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Happy Wife... Happy Life
    Pan I could not have said it any better lol sooooo true

i'v been looking at the BMBH maybe in the spring or for my B-day
    i love JRB gear...
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Images
    There are a several great hammocks out there, each with ( IMHO ) there own pros and cons. But it's for sure that the BMBH reigns supreme in at least one or two comfort related areas. For example( I know I've said it before, but....), when it comes to lack of side torque ( flat lay) and lack of any calf pressure when on my back or working well with a pad, it is def #1 IMO. But it is really unique. So don't let it's difference throw you off it's OVERALL benefits. Work with it to learn it's positives. It is always right on the verge of taking over 1st place OVERALL for me. Even though there are certain things I still like better about one or two of my other hammocks. It's just a matter of the pros and cons of the top hammocks, and which ones are most important to the individual.

Hope you love it!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 11-10-2009 at 22:48.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB 11'x9' hex
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    Suspension
    webbing suspension
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    There are a several great hammocks out there, each with ( IMHO ) there own pros and cons.
    That is definitively true! I got my BMBH in the meantime and I was quite surprised how different it felt compared to the Blackbird that I have. I noticed that laying flat was quite an important criteria for me and that is where the bridge hammock really beats them all. With a pad it works better for me than the BB. It is important that the pad has about the same dimensions as the pocket. Otherwise the pad slipped within the pocket and changing my side turned into an exhausting gym exercise.
    On the other hand, the bugnet with the endless omnitape may not be the last conclusion of wisdom and laying on your side is indeed very easy due to the flat lay but there is not as much room for tucking up your feet (fetal position) as in the BB because the side walls run up quite close to the body. I also missed that additional space to my sides for my arms when laying on either side but that is not so much of an issue for me whereas that is why my girlfriend clearly prefers the BB. So, as you already mentioned, it is rally a question of the individual's likes and dislikes. As I am more a camper than an ultra light-weight hiker I will always take both hammocks with me and play around with them
    BTW: I tried out and liked your suggestions of how to use the BMBH as a cozy lounger. That's of course another cool feature!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    That is definitively true! I got my BMBH in the meantime and I was quite surprised how different it felt compared to the Blackbird that I have. I noticed that laying flat was quite an important criteria for me and that is where the bridge hammock really beats them all. With a pad it works better for me than the BB. It is important that the pad has about the same dimensions as the pocket. Otherwise the pad slipped within the pocket and changing my side turned into an exhausting gym exercise.
    On the other hand, the bugnet with the endless omnitape may not be the last conclusion of wisdom and laying on your side is indeed very easy due to the flat lay but there is not as much room for tucking up your feet (fetal position) as in the BB because the side walls run up quite close to the body. I also missed that additional space to my sides for my arms when laying on either side but that is not so much of an issue for me whereas that is why my girlfriend clearly prefers the BB. So, as you already mentioned, it is rally a question of the individual's likes and dislikes. As I am more a camper than an ultra light-weight hiker I will always take both hammocks with me and play around with them
    BTW: I tried out and liked your suggestions of how to use the BMBH as a cozy lounger. That's of course another cool feature!
    true, true...
    My BMBH is so flat it hurts my back (just like my bed)?
    ya, I'm weird I know...
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123