Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle

Thumbs up New AHE/KAQ TQ arrived today!!!!!!

First off, let me say that I would like to thank Paul and the AHE crew getting this item out to me in such a short period of time. They have gone the extra mile to make sure that I received the TQ before I am to leave this weekend for the Sipsey Hang here in Alabama. I knew that with the start-up of the business that there might be a possibility of it not making it on such short notice. Well all I can say is Kudos to your customer service and attention to the customers needs. I can see this company going into a very bright and prosperous future.

Now to the intitial thoughts of the AHE KAQ TQ!!!!!

As an owner of one of the last KAQ New River UQ made by Mrprez, former owner of Kick *** Quilts, I am using it as a comparison piece. After pulling the new TQ out of the box, no knives were used to open the box, do you know how hard that is to do!? I was absolutely taken back by the contrast of the light grey material on the black material that the quilt is made out of. I pulled the old KAQ off the hangers and laid it out to see if the two were the same size. The AHE/KAQ TQ is made to the same dimensions and specs as my KAQ New River UQ to every detail, it even came with a suspension system to hang it if I wanted to as a UQ. After a close look at the two of them I can see that the new KAQ TQ is absolutely of the same quality in material and construction as the one that I got from the previous owner of KAQ. If you are looking for a multi-use item that can go either way, UQ or TQ then this is the item for you! Yes Paul, that was a shameless and free sales pitch!!!!!!!!

It is a long way to the weekend until I will get to try this item out and until then I will have to hold off on the warmth report. Until then, AHE keep up the good work and good luck in the future!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Thanks Bigbamaguy! I am so glad that it got to you in time. We are working hard to get all orders filled and out as quick as we possible can. I know it's hard to not use a knife to open the box but it's really just for me to sit here and laugh at you trying to paw and scratch your way into that flat rate priority box. :LOL: Just kidding, would not want you to hurt that purdy new quilt.

Enjoy the hang.

Paul
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Sounds like a ringing endorsement if ever there was one. Goon on ya, Paul.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Good job Paul, I knew you were the right choice for the new owner of KAQ!!!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    A review with no specs (length, width, weight, packed size, etc.)?

We want pics!
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    AS, You will get to see it in person in what 48 hours or less I dub the "gear junkie". :d
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    I dub the "gear junkie". :d
    Guilty as charged.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    O and for those that do need to know. This quilt, which is one of the first by the way, is 1 pound 12 oz in the sil stuff sack, is 48x84ish (long version) grey on black 1.1 oz ripstop with 5 oz xp climashield sewn and quilted in place. We did through on an adjustable shock cord suspension in case it might ever be used as an under quilt but the plan was to use it as a top quilt so all of the suspenion is removable easily.

Paul

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    O and for those that do need to know. This quilt, which is one of the first by the way, is 1 pound 12 oz in the sil stuff sack, is 48x84ish (long version) grey on black 1.1 oz ripstop with 5 oz xp climashield sewn and quilted in place. We did through on an adjustable shock cord suspension in case it might ever be used as an under quilt but the plan was to use it as a top quilt so all of the suspenion is removable easily.

Paul
    I made a quilt of 5oz Climashield XP...very warm stuff. Used it down to almost 20*F (pushing it a wee bit)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    AS:
    I was not able to weigh the New KAQ TQ but from one hand to the other comparing the two side by side in there respective stuff sacks, I can tell no difference. I have not made the leap to purchase a scale, I figure if its good enough for me to avoid the things, its ok for my gear to as well.........for now!!!!!! The loft, length and width are identical to the dimensions of the KAQ New River UQ that Mrprez was making before he sold the company. About the only difference that I was able to find, and it is very small, is that Mrprez would sew his stuff sack bottoms in an "H" pattern where as the AHE/KAQ TQ's stuff sack is sewn with a double rolled hemmed seam for the bottom.

I see Paul has given the weight and other technical specs about the 1st one......wait a minute, I have the original AHE KAQ TQ, sweet!!!!!
    Last edited by bigbamaguy; 10-28-2009 at 09:17. Reason: added comments
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast