Thread: I'm just saying

Images

I'm just saying

Sometimes I suddenly remember some of the unique positive things about the JRB Bridge, capabilities I don't always use. Then I thought I better put the self timer to work! If a base camp is set up for a day or more, I find myself likely to use the lounging capabilities of this hammock more than with just about any other. The normal chair/lounge function- that is just sitting in the hammock and leaning back- is probably equal to or better than any other hammock I have tried. It's main advantage is that the stiff upper edges of the hammock make an excellent back support, so that I can lean back without going all the way back. And there is never any thing bothering me around my head or neck. Down side: those same stiff edges may put more pressure under my legs than many other hammocks, so I might have to put a pillow or pad under there, especially if I am too high for my feet to be on the ground. But in this "normal" chair/lounge mode, this is as comfortable as any and better than most. Great back support is the strong point.

Next is a BMBH ability I have shown before, but I thought it best for a reminder. Entering head end of JRB BMBH for a unique lounging mode:

Easily pull my feet up and then: This is a super comfortable lounging/reading position. I am not leaning on the spreader bars, but into the corner of the hammock. This is about as comfortable as my living room recliner:

There is no pressure under the legs, they can be positioned in a variety of ways and I still have great back support, probably the best to be had.

I hope this is not too much stress on the fabric, it doesn't seem to be. This is a great way to relax compared to propping on a rock.

This hammock has a whole bunch of advantages.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    BB, thanks for the info and especially the photos! I personally haven't seen many photos of the JRB Bridge in use. It sure looks like your hammock has a lot of nice qualities, some of which I had never even considered before.

Thanks again!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I think the BMB is one of the best hammocks out there. It is light and insulation is a lot less complex to deal with.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

http://dutchwaregear.com

Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)

8th Annual Mt Rogers Winter Hang Spreadsheet

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I always thought you'd have a bigger bicycle.
    Nice example of Bridge flexibility. I'm hoping for one for Xmas this year.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I always thought you'd have a bigger bicycle.
    Nice example of Bridge flexibility. I'm hoping for one for Xmas this year.
    I did have a bigger bike, but they took it away from me when I hurt myself too often. Now they are threatening to do the same with my hammocks, for my own good. I hate "they"! "They" take everything dangerous away from me!
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22