Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by funbun View Post
    This seems like a good idea. Maybe you should quilt it before adding the final top stitching. But I like the idea.

This just shows the inadequacy of a home sewing machine on outdoor gear. I really wish someone would make a buffed up home machine complete with walking foot, long arm, and only two stitches: zigzag and straight.
    And under $500.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    And under $500.
    I was thinking under $200, but ok.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    This one was sewn on a $90 White Classic. Basically walmart brand piece of crap. When you thread the bobbin and install it, it will never work right the first time. I have to do a test stitch, remove an cut out the tangles and crap, remove and reinstall the bobbin, and repeat. It takes about 8-10 tries to get it to work, but I never do anything differently. I just starts working all of the sudden. Oh well, got the job done in less than a day.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    This one was sewn on a $90 White Classic. Basically walmart brand piece of crap. When you thread the bobbin and install it, it will never work right the first time. I have to do a test stitch, remove an cut out the tangles and crap, remove and reinstall the bobbin, and repeat. It takes about 8-10 tries to get it to work, but I never do anything differently. I just starts working all of the sudden. Oh well, got the job done in less than a day.
    that kind of stuff will frustrate the stuffings out of a DIYer w/ the best intentions.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    that kind of stuff will frustrate the stuffings out of a DIYer w/ the best intentions.

I was thoroughly frustrated. I invented a couple of new curse words that night. The good thing is there is an almost full bobbin in it right now, so I can do a couple more small projects before I have to go through the hassle again. If I really get into the DIY thing I might get a good one for Christmas or my b-day this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I was thinking under $200, but ok.
    Yeah, about $225 or less for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    I was thoroughly frustrated. I invented a couple of new curse words that night. The good thing is there is an almost full bobbin in it right now, so I can do a couple more small projects before I have to go through the hassle again. If I really get into the DIY thing I might get a good one for Christmas or my b-day this year.
    Just wait till you do get a good machine. You life will be sooooooo much less stressful. There is nothing like sewing on a quiet, worry free machine. Instead of causing stress, it relieves stress.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by funbun View Post
    Just wait till you do get a good machine. You life will be sooooooo much less stressful. There is nothing like sewing on a quiet, worry free machine. Instead of causing stress, it relieves stress.

These good machines you speak of, do they walk across the table when you sew at high speed?