Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,864
    Images
    10
    Hey Michelle

    Another Marine checking in 1965 - 68. Most of my time was spent in Nam followed by a year in the hospital. I went back there with my daughter this past summer...a great trip...beautiful country and people. How about you?

    Miguel

  2. #12
    Senior Member Just Jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    8,012
    Images
    32
    Uh oh - now we started it. I'm in the AF. And yes, we had uniforms under McPeak that looked like bus drivers. No witty comebacks for that one. They're better now, but still made of polyester...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

    - My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

    IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

  3. #13
    Senior Member blackbishop351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Posts
    1,564
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Uh oh - now we started it. I'm in the AF. And yes, we had uniforms under McPeak that looked like bus drivers. No witty comebacks for that one. They're better now, but still made of polyester...
    After finding out what you DO for the AF while we were at Hot Springs, you can rest assured that I'll NEVER make fun of your uniform!
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

  4. #14
    Certain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Posts
    349
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Hey Michelle

    Another Marine checking in 1965 - 68. Most of my time was spent in Nam followed by a year in the hospital. I went back there with my daughter this past summer...a great trip...beautiful country and people. How about you?

    Miguel

    I served from 1996-2000 (here come the rolling eyes....) in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. Hey....if they let you choose where to be stationed, wouldn't you have picked it over 29 stumps?
    This is my signature.

  5. #15
    Certain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Posts
    349
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    Hmmm....Methinks Michele might have pix lying around that would rival Linda in leather...
    Not unless you want to see a male Marine dressed up like one dog ugly hooker (I was his "pimp"). We went to our unit Halloween party that way....pretty hilarious.

    Talk about hilarious.....I couldn't stop laughing at this pic

    http://www.ritilan.com/archives/imag...onderwoman.png

    Do I hear "extreme makeover" needed?
    This is my signature.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Hammock
    Hennessy ULB-A
    Tarp
    OES/McCat Std
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Stock with biners
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Talk about hilarious.....I couldn't stop laughing at this pic
    great hangin' deathrays, batman! would you look at the size of those things?!

    that is pretty funny...

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    6
    Images
    2
    I'm guessing her invisible plane is a C-130 Hercules.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Hammock
    Hennessy ULB-A
    Tarp
    OES/McCat Std
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Stock with biners
    Posts
    179
    yeah... i was thinking "C-5" or that huge "Antonov whatzit" myself... jeez... could you LAPES something like that? would you have to? should you? yikes! i don't like where this is heading...

    (them's BIG cargo planes, US and Russian, respectively. LAPES is using a parachute to yank cargo out without landing the plane.)

  9. #19
    Certain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Hammock
    HH ULBA, but can't wait to try more
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB UQ
    Posts
    349
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    yeah... i was thinking "C-5" or that huge "Antonov whatzit" myself... jeez... could you LAPES something like that? would you have to? should you? yikes! i don't like where this is heading...

    (them's BIG cargo planes, US and Russian, respectively. LAPES is using a parachute to yank cargo out without landing the plane.)
    Well, I think we should let a girl dream...you know?
    This is my signature.

  10. #20
    Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Princeton, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,387
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    After finding out what you DO for the AF while we were at Hot Springs, you can rest assured that I'll NEVER make fun of your uniform!
    Jeff, didn't know you're in the AF, former active duty Marine here. So what DO you do in the AF? BB makes it sound like you're a PJ or CC. Am I close?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •