Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 911
  1. #101
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB D1.1, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,515
    Images
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    So does anyone have any input on this earlier post of mine?
    easy answer...all of the above!

    just depends on the hang and each is different.

    I was under the impression that Trout was liking the idea of a little hiking each day. So, basically, you'd pick a starting point, general area to camp each night, and the rest just happens (early risers go early, later folks sleep in, etc) with lots of gear chat in between
    IOW, it ain't a military operation!
    HYOH (hike your own hike)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  2. #102
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    easy answer...all of the above!

    just depends on the hang and each is different.

    I was under the impression that Trout was liking the idea of a little hiking each day. So, basically, you'd pick a starting point, general area to camp each night, and the rest just happens (early risers go early, later folks sleep in, etc) with lots of gear chat in between
    IOW, it ain't a military operation!
    HYOH (hike your own hike)
    Sweet thanks dude! If I come you guys are all fallin in @ 0530 into formation! JK I am all about bein casual bro.

  3. #103
    Senior Member RePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Hammock
    BMBH
    Insulation
    ccf pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    785
    HamMike it looks like there will be a lot of us first timers. What animalcontrol describes sounds great. Hike in set up camp then do what ya want to do. Hike dont hike hang out do what ever. Hmmmmm sleep till noon sounds appealing. Ok I always want to sleep till noon.

  4. #104
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by otter46544 View Post
    HamMike it looks like there will be a lot of us first timers. What animalcontrol describes sounds great. Hike in set up camp then do what ya want to do. Hike dont hike hang out do what ever. Hmmmmm sleep till noon sounds appealing. Ok I always want to sleep till noon.
    Can't wait to see all the different setups! It's goin be sweeet!

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elkhart County, Indiana
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Posts
    1,195
    Images
    1
    The ideal is to have the first camp close enough, so car campers can get to it easy enough or so people can change out something that didn't work out for that first night. Then hike easy miles the next two days - a kid should be able to attend and have no problems.

    I'm hoping Mule and Animalcontrol will be the point men (knowing experts) which work out the best at the Deam. You know what they say about the village idiot? Follow the village idot and your not far behind him. Best to do as the experts recommend.

  6. #106
    Senior Member RePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Hammock
    BMBH
    Insulation
    ccf pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    785
    Sounds good to me. Is it time to go yet?

  7. #107
    Oms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    La Grange Park, IL
    Hammock
    BB 1.1-1.7 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES, WB
    Insulation
    HG, WB, Nunatak
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Posts
    1,007
    So what's the final deal here, place, date, etc? I'm hoping to make it, but we have two family birthdays around that time. I did put it on the family calender

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Elkhart County, Indiana
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Posts
    1,195
    Images
    1
    It will be at the Deam Wilderness - trail to be determined. The weekend of April 16th.

  9. #109
    Senior Member opie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Hammock
    Grizz Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    3,140
    Quote Originally Posted by TroutEhCuss View Post
    It will be at the Deam Wilderness - trail to be determined. The weekend of April 16th.
    Is Deam near Bloomington? Does anyone have any coordinates?

    Would anyone mind a troll from MI?

    EDIT: Looks like its part of the Hoosier Natl Forest.....
    I am not a gram weenie. , But Im starting to see the merits!!!

    Kris' Splicing

    Kris on Facebook

  10. #110
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Is Deam near Bloomington? Does anyone have any coordinates?

    Would anyone mind a troll from MI?

    EDIT: Looks like its part of the Hoosier Natl Forest.....
    Hope to see ya there! You can critique my whoopie slings!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •