Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 128
  1. #31
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    9,811
    Images
    3
    When the money dries up Tbone ... then we sell plasma!

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  2. #32
    Shewie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    UKHamm/HG/Unspon
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Posts
    1,678
    Great vid Ken, thanks for taking the time.

    Certainly helped me understand a few more things about what you guys get up to.

  3. #33
    Senior Member tbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Havertown, PA
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    inner fortitude
    Suspension
    cinch & straps
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    When the money dries up Tbone ... then we sell plasma!
    Believe me the motorcycle in the garage is starting to sweat right about now.

  4. #34
    Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Linville Gorge Wilderness
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Speer SWT
    Insulation
    hammockgear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbj6142 View Post
    Great video. It just might be the first one I actually watched end-to-end. Most I can't make it through a few seconds without wanting to poke my eyes out.

    Did you "mark" and/or cut the outer layer of the cord as described in the Whoopie Sticky thread? I assume you did, but it wasn't shown in the video.

    MODERATORS: Please change the thread's title to something like "HH to Whoopie Conversion".
    Thank you. Yes, I measure, and taper the end as shown in Slowbro's tutorial.
    But recently I've just been laying the line alongside a tape measure instead of marking.

    Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Great video, very easy to understand and follow. Now I need to order some line .
    You guys are getting expensive. Hammocks, flies, whoopie slings, The Kelly Kettle on another thread . Where does it all stop.
    Like Hawk-eye says, I don't think it stops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Great vid Ken, thanks for taking the time.

    Certainly helped me understand a few more things about what you guys get up to.
    Thanks Shewie!
    http://www.linvillegorge.net

    "You can't hem up a Rat!" Malcom Johnson, ca. 1970

  5. #35
    Bug-Bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Posts
    567
    Images
    29
    Ken...what a great video!!! I'm lousy at reading directions ... but show me a couple of times and I'm usually good to go. Your video really "showed me" how to make a whoopie sling...thanks!!!

  6. #36
    SlowBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Hammock
    dbl 1.1 WBBB
    Tarp
    z-Packs cuben
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Posts
    397
    Images
    26
    Ken,

    You really did a beautiful job. Very clean and clear. I may have to give this Whoopie Sling thing a try.

    Seriously, my hat is off to you. And thanks for the bit on the Knotty's HH retro-fit. You inspired me to finally swap out the original lines for Whoopies on my old HH.

    Happy Trails,
    -SlowBro
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."-Theodore Roosevelt

  7. #37
    Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Linville Gorge Wilderness
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Speer SWT
    Insulation
    hammockgear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug-Bait View Post
    Ken...what a great video!!! I'm lousy at reading directions ... but show me a couple of times and I'm usually good to go. Your video really "showed me" how to make a whoopie sling...thanks!!!
    I'm glad it helped. I'm the same way about reading directions!

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowBro View Post
    Ken,

    You really did a beautiful job. Very clean and clear. I may have to give this Whoopie Sling thing a try.

    Seriously, my hat is off to you. And thanks for the bit on the Knotty's HH retro-fit. You inspired me to finally swap out the original lines for Whoopies on my old HH.

    Happy Trails,
    I'm glad you liked it. Your tutorial and the threads leading up to it got me started, and I still refer to it often. Thanks for that!

    Ken
    http://www.linvillegorge.net

    "You can't hem up a Rat!" Malcom Johnson, ca. 1970

  8. #38
    Senior Member NCPatrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    9,041
    Images
    40
    Really nice Ken! Thanks for the video. I like your method of using the long wire instead of using a the large yarn needle that I have used.

    Liked the music too.


    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
    - John Burroughs

  9. #39
    New Member treenester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Hammock
    1.7dl WBBB & DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & 50 bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    29
    Like the pull through wire. Gotta try that
    Shug: Save them broke mandolin strings! I think I may have a gitfiddle or banjer string somewhere to try for my next one.

  10. #40
    Ken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Linville Gorge Wilderness
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Speer SWT
    Insulation
    hammockgear.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Really nice Ken! Thanks for the video. I like your method of using the long wire instead of using a the large yarn needle that I have used.

    Liked the music too.
    Thanks Patrick. The wire works great!

    Quote Originally Posted by treenester View Post
    Shug: Save them broke mandolin strings! I think I may have a gitfiddle or banjer string somewhere to try for my next one.
    That was a geetar string in the video...
    http://www.linvillegorge.net

    "You can't hem up a Rat!" Malcom Johnson, ca. 1970

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •