Images

Using JRB cat-cut in a hammock chair?

The thread on the JRB cat-cut hammock got me thinking that this concept could be used to make a hammock chair for Mother Nature that just might work. MN has degenerative disc disease - getting up and down from the ground is extemely difficult for her these days.

My vision for this project is something light weight, easily set-up and that can be set up underneath a tarp (so Sue can cook, relax, and just enjoy BPing again).

Any thoughts from you DIY types?
    Last edited by Frolicking Dino; 06-16-2007 at 07:39. Reason: Dinos should not type before finishing first cup of coffee

I'm thinking make a short hammock, like 6 or 7 feet or something. When whipping, pull one sideup tight to bring up the back and also serve a a head rest. Leave the other side loose ot make getting in a out of easy. Maybe even make a smaller hammock (smaller than a gear hammock even) to use as a foot rest.

Or maybe only cat cut one side. Leave the otherside uncut and pull tight to make the head rest like I wrote above.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Images
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

Images
    I tried the design Slowhike linked a while back. It requires twisting the back to exist the hammock - something that isn't a good idea for MN. I am considering making one for the dinos however .