Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers

Eno Modifications

Sorry if this thread is already going but I search and didn't find anything.

I was wondering what some of the mods y'all have done to your Eno single or doubles? Tips, photos, or modification ideas?

I am thinking on adding a small foot box, and some tie outs.
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Got rid of those thousand pound biners and restrung it with clinch buckles and strapworks straps. Slapstraps are a joke ... unless you like stretch!

Going to convert one to Whoopie slings this spring.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    I'm already a head of you there on that Hawk-eye!

One of the first things I did was get rid of the carbines and replace them with light weight ones, and I had some tubular webbing already so I am using that for tree straps.

When, I get my hands on some Amsteel I plan on making some Whoopie Slings.
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    my upgrade to the eno was a blackbird.
    I use my eno for lounging and watching tv (in the house).

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    I like the ENO and even cloned one myself ... a double layer 1.1 ... good simple hammock for sure. My go to hammock is still my HH Expedition with the 2Q Mod but I love my ENO.

Funny thing was I got it for $25 from a kid outside the local REI when I heard him complaining about it and he'd just bought a HH to replace it. So I asked him how much he wanted and bought it on the spot. Unfortunately I gave him $5 and bought the slapstraps too ... On those I paid $100 too much

Did I mention that I hate slapstraps? Ha!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by spidennis View Post
    my upgrade to the eno was a blackbird.
    I use my eno for lounging and watching tv (in the house).
    Well since I already have an Eno and I don't have the resource to get a blackbird I figured I would try to improve what I have.

So far I have not found anything I really dislike like about the Eno other the some minor things that I a planning on changing. What didn't you like about it to the point where you replaced it with a blackbird?

Hammock
    claytor no net
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    z rest . Peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    ENO singlenest. Removed the rope and binners that came with it and installed a whoopie sling on one end and a plain cord (7/64" Amsteel) with finished end and buried splice loop on the other. 6' of 1" polyester seatbelt webbing from strapworks with a sewn 2" loop from strapworks completes the hanging package. I use a marlin spike hitch with toggle on the straps, no hardware needed.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout & DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    GI Extreme SB
    I have an ENO single and I like it very much,,,, the only thing I have done is add slings to it. Not much else is needed. It is just a basic lightweight (for me) hammock.
    I wouldn't have any concern or problem using it in winter as is , with my ECW sleeping bag.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Eno lover, here.

A couple of people have removed the color contrasting strips down each side, because they found it irritating. I don't...like it as is (other than the suspension).
    Dave

http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Widerstand View Post
    Well since I already have an Eno and I don't have the resource to get a blackbird I figured I would try to improve what I have.

So far I have not found anything I really dislike like about the Eno other the some minor things that I a planning on changing. What didn't you like about it to the point where you replaced it with a blackbird?
    don't get me wrong, I really like my eno (double) and use it everyday but ....
    the eno doesn't play well with pads, and the bug net is separate (which is good and bad in a way). I imagine that it would do just fine with an uq though. I did get some cinch buckles for it though and gave my slap straps to my 80 lb niece (for whom I got a eno as her first real hammock).

I wanted, and still striving for a easier and faster setup and something that can convert into a bivy for those times I have to go to ground. Even my bb doesn't do it all, yet, but it's closer to it than the eno, but I use the two so very differently that I really have to have both in the quiver.

over at the warbonnet forums I have a thread about my quest for the ultimate blackbird (at least for me, your milage may vary .......)